How to Use the PAPA Pump
100's of the Pump are in use around the world, providing sustainable and low cost pumping solutions.
We always get asked these questions by customers who understand the concept but want to know more.
1) Is it really Water Powered? Water is piped, by gravity, from a moving or even stationary water source into the PAPA Pump. Inside the pump is a patented flow reactive valve that oscillates. This effect generates high pressure pulses through the pipe. This delivery water can then be piped to great heights and over long distances, where the potential for use is vastly increased.
The remaining exhaust water is deposited back into the water course at a lower level.
2) Does the Pump go into the river? NO- each PAPA pump can be installed some distance from a flow water course. Water infiltrates into a simple holding tank (as pictured) which is good to removing debris from the water and reduces disturbance on each watercourse bank.
As you can see here; the water is slowly infiltrating the 'Catchment Tank' which then pipes the water a long or short distance to the pump.
3) How far does the PAPA pump transport water? The pump can move water over many kilometers but the exact amount depends on the drop (or as we call it 'Supply Head') of the water from the catchment tank (pictured above) to the pump location. Each PAPA Pump can pump up to 18,000 litres a day so you should plan to use a central storage pool or container which could then gravity feed troughs or green houses / whatever your need is. A central water storage location can help you store water to use in a drought.
See the next section for our new online site installation planning 'App' which will help you get the best Supply Head and therefore be able to pump the most from each site.
4) PAPA Pump Online Installation 'App'; If you have a site in mind and need to need to lower irrigation costs and reduce pollution associated with fossil fuelled pumps, tell us about your requirements and site to get the best out of each PAPA Pump.
5) We often get asked; "Please let me know if you have a table where I can foresee delivery water volume, and also exhaust water volume, for given inlet pressure and water volume". Click HERE
Of course- our "Online Site Planning & Installation App" (as above) will also tell you the same information for your site in question.